Itchiness is one of the worst things that you encounter when you’re in the office or in a meeting. It’s not someone’s habit to scratch his skin but it’s actually because of some skin problems. Itching is a sign of something wrong with your skin. It is a sign that your skin may be suffering from eczema, psoriasis, hives, or shingles. In some worst cases, it could also be a sign of ringworms or scabies.
Well, there’re many things that you can do to avoid and stop itching permanently. Firstly, we’ll recommend you some essential tips that you must follow at the time of itching to reduce it or soothe the skin to relieve yourself to ease.
So, let’s get started with some tips to soothe your skin that most of the dermatologists recommend.
- Place ice bags on the itching spot. You can also apply cold water or place a wet cloth on the skin that itches. Your main goal must be to cool that part of the skin to reduce and stop the itchiness. Place ice bags at least 10 minutes to eventually stop the itchiness.
- Oatmeal baths are best for the soothing your skin. Oatmeal baths are extremely effective against chickenpox, sunburn, and poison ivy. Dermatologists highly recommend oatmeal bath for reducing the effect of itchiness.
- Moisturize your skin with some good moisturizers. By good moisturizers, I only mean the one with natural ingredients and those which are free of fragrances and additives. You can also apply goat milk as it’s the best natural moisturizer.
- Menthol and Calamine can be effective too. These moisturizers work best when they’re placed in the cold places like a refrigerator. All you need to do is to give your moisturizers a cooling effect by lowering their temperature.
These four steps can be effective against the itching to stop it right away.
But here are some of the best practices that you must follow to prevent the itching. Dermatologists always recommend their patients to follow these simple but effective steps to prevent the itching. So, let’s get started with the first one.
- Always use lukewarm water for bathing. Don’t take bath with cold or hot water as both these waters effect your skin.
- While buying moisturizers, always look for those moisturizers that are free of fragrances and perfumes. If you don’t find any, then always go for the one with the least perfumes and additives. You must not allow other elements to react with your skin along with the moisturizing agent.
- Try to wear loose clothing – neither too loose nor too fit. Generally, your wardrobe must contain 70% of clothes made of cotton. In other words, try to wear cotton clothes as much as you can.
- Don’t expose your body to sudden temperature changes. A sudden change in temperature affects your skin’s condition. Try to maintain a normal and neutral temperature of your room.
- It has been studied that stress causes your itch to increase. So, whenever you’re getting strange itches, just relax and release stress. It’s the best practice that you can do to avoid itching.